Sunday, October 01, 2006

My Sentiment


Well, I haven't been all that good at regular blog entries I admit, but the my personal purpose of this blog is clearly stated on this page: to share thoughts from the heart and mind. What's annoying is that I cannot offer great insights all the time or don't feel like entering posts all the time either. What's also unnerving is the fact that sometimes when I do have a thought I would like to share I often do not think to enter it here to share.
Gosh--I guess I can only say this: that I really need to be less hard on myself for failing to enter blogs regularly, I know that I'm not the only person like that.

There is one thing I would like to share, and that is my current emotions in coincidence with a class I am taking this semester. New Religious Movements is a class that studies the new relious waves that root from Protestant Christianity, some that ironically devalue Christ to only creature of prophetic character and do not consider him Savior and Lord. My question is 'HOW?' How can they do that? My mind is stirring because I cannot imagine how people could allow themselves to be misled in such a way, especially ones who have been a part of the Christian church and have a fair amount of experience in the Faith. For instance, the Jehovah's Witnesses, who actually use the Christian Bible as a key resource but often reinterrupt small things--like changing the occurance of the word 'the' in some passages to 'a' [interestingly this is often enough to throw people way off of the path of righteousness]. It hurts me to know how NRMs like these separate the figures of the godhead like this and how it actually winds up leading people on to believe in many ungodly things. That, I think is a shame.

I think we as Christians need to be praying for these people. I think we as Christians need to be learning about these people and what they actually believe. And, in the particular case of JWs but others too, we as Christians need to welcome them into our homes and speak to them about true freedom in Christ Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home